Managing JIRA-Slack integration

Jake Meyer November 14, 2019

The help article on the JIRA-Slack integration says: 

How do I manage my connection between a Jira Cloud project and a Slack channel?

You can manage your subscription settings by typing /jira manage in the channel you want to update. From there, click Manage subscription to configure the connection in Jira Cloud. 

I can't find "Manage subscription" anywhere. Help?

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 10.42.54 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hey @Jake Meyer , welcome to the Community!

The first time you try to use the Slack integration, you'll need to authenticate Slack with Jira so the apps know what user you are in what application. Typing /jira manage in a channel might give you this message: 

image.png

Once that's connected, you'll get a message similar to this if there aren't any projects connected to the channel already:
image.png

Typing /jira connect at this point gives you a configuration wizard to follow along with in Slack. Following the prompts, you can get a project/channel configuration in place and then /jira manage should work like the documentation lays out.

If you're not seeing this happen, let me know! A screenshot of what you see in Slack will help figure out what's going on.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Note that in some circumstances, it's possible that the Slack integration is shut off on your Jira site. Check out if that's the case by following these steps.

Jake Meyer November 19, 2019

Hi Daniel -

Thanks for the response. I've already connected the channel, and I included a screenshot of what I see when I type */jira manage* in my original post. I think the help documentation is outdated because it says to click "Manage subscription". There's nothing that says "Manage subscription", but there's a link to the subscribed project at the bottom, and if you click that, it takes you to where you can manage the integration.

Cheers,
Jake

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Perfect - the screenshot wasn't loading for me first time around but now I see it. Great callout, we'll get the documentation updated. Glad you were able to figure it out!

Suggest an answer