Managing Add-ons on new Jira instance

Stella Sokolovsky September 16, 2013

Hello ,

I have created new Jira envirojment for evaluation purposes . I am trying to use UPM for plug-in updates and getting the following error messages, for example :

Problem accessing add-on file at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin/version/138281

I have no problem to access this page out of jira . The similar error messages for other plug-ins .

Please , help to solve this issue .

Thank you ,

Stella Sokolovsky

2 answers

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

Welcome aboard Stella

Maybe i didnt get you right, but you should have UPM installed in Jira out of the box.

Administration -> Plugins -> Manage Addons

yes Alexej, I have UPM installed. As I have mentioned I am getting the same error message for any plugin i would like tp add/update.

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

strange. could you let us see the logs?

you can find them in target/jira/home/log/atlassian-jira.log

Stella Sokolovsky September 21, 2013

Hello Alexej ,

Sorry for the late response , we have holidays .

Attached atlassian-jira.log file (atlassian-jira.log)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2013

Maybe you have some firewall blocking the connectivity? And you are using some proxy settings?

check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Configuring+Marketplace+Connectivity

Thank you , I have reviewed this article before , but i don't have proxy settings . I don't have any problem to get to the site by wget command for example .

Suggest an answer