Managed JIRA Hosting Providors

Chris S April 3, 2014

I have been using JIRA for a while now and have would like to start using it company wide. For my trial, I just hosted JIRA locally becasue I wanted to use many add-ons that are not available on JIRA On-Demand. (only the downlaod version)

However, I don't have a local JIRA administrator for all of the management of the server, upgrades to JIRA and my add-on's, database backups, etc. and I don't want to become an expert.

Does anyone have any recomendations for hosting providors that will take care of all of this for me so I can use downloaded add-on that I choose and am not responsible for any managment of the server, software and backups and can just focus on using it?

Thanks,
Chris

3 answers

0 votes
venITure GmbH April 7, 2017

venITure GmbH provide full managed service for all atlassian server products. They manage on-premise via VPN or Teamviewer or offer full access managed hosting in germany! Best security standards and fully legal in germany.

https://www.veniture.net/de/services/jira-und-confluence-consulting/

0 votes
Chris S April 3, 2014

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I will have to go check out the resources from the link you provided.

A little additional information.. I am not looking for administrative help with the normal usage of JIRA. I am mainly looking for a hosting enviornment that will allow me to run all JIRA download addons and provide: server hosting and maintenance, regular updates to JIRA and addons, regular backups and a help line that I can call when I run into problems becasue of any of these issues.

Just looking for suggestions if anyone has had better luck with any given hosting providers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

You can sort of split this requirement into two parts. You need hosting (other than OnDemand) and you need administration as well.

A lot of Atlassian hosting providers will give you the flexibility to add plugins, but the administration stuff is another option. You'll need to vet the various providers to see what level they're will to go to and at what cost.

It's worth starting at https://www.atlassian.com/resources/expertsto get a list based on some of the more basic questions you want to think through.

In the interests of openness and disclosure, I currently work for one of these hosting providers.

We do handle quite a lot of admin for our hosted clients, but it does vary - most of them will handle their own fields, basic workflows, screens, project setup etc, but ask for our help if they have doubts in what they're doing or get stuck. I suspect this is much the same for other hosting providers.

Suggest an answer