Manage what info is displayed on the linked issues or Issues in Epic sections?

Shirley Jhirad August 25, 2016

Hi all.

Is there a way to modify the data displayed on the 'sub tasks' section on a parent issue or in the 'issues in Epic' section in JIRA 7?

I would like to change it and decide for myself, which fields i see in the sections.

image2016-8-25 14:19:5.png

I saw there was a way in  Older JIRA versions but do not see such a way in JIRA 7

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Shirley

2 answers

6 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

As Tom said, there is a setting which can control which columns are visible, but this setting applies on a global scale. There is nothing you can do out of the box to change what is shown in the "Issues In Epic" panel.

That being said, if you are running JIRA server and willing to look at commercial plugins, Issue Matrix will solve all these problems for you - you can completely customize how subtasks, issue links, and issues in epics are shown - you can filter, sort, select columns to be shown (including any custom field on the system). All this can be configured on a per-project/issue type basis.

Deleted user August 31, 2016

OK, being on the Cloud, I'll just say I'm jealous!

wink

1 vote
Deleted user August 25, 2016

I think what you're looking for is here:

System -> Advanced settings -> jira.table.cols.subtasks

Shirley Jhirad August 31, 2016

Thanks @Tom Proctor

I found the setting for the sub-tasks table.

I didnt find such settings for the Issues in Epic table. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Shirley

max April 24, 2019

Hello,

There is no setting like that to "Issue Links" panel ?

Thanks

Shirley Jhirad April 24, 2019

Still no solution- issue matrix  or exocet add ons are useful for that as well as to moderate the linkage between issues

Like Azfar Masut likes this
max April 25, 2019

Thank you :)

Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

@Shirley Jhirad do you mind sharing if you have used exocet before to provide this functionality?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Suggest an answer