Manage meeting history in confluence and convert action items into Jira tasks

Sakib Haque December 8, 2017

Hi, I am trying to redesign the ongoing process in my company. Currently, the client service executives manage all the client meeting history and the action items manually. We have both confluence and jira and some of them keep a page in confluence but its not a standard.

I am looking for a solution which could be like this using Confluence and/or Jira:

• For each client, one page/section which will have all the meeting history (there could be separate list entries for each meeting)

• Each meeting entry should have functionality to list action items

• From a management POV, I would like to have an overview of all the ongoing/pending action items for each client/each client service executive (who seldom deals with multiple clients)

• From a client service executive POV, I would like to maybe either have them in a Jira Sprint board-ish view so that I could track all my tasks at one go

• For the above point, I was thinking of something like a Sprint View in Jira with swimlanes which clearly shows the task progress but I do not know if these action items created in confluence could be easily converted as a task in Jira and be set under a client as a Sprint.

• Again another challenge is I cant only use Jira for creating tasks because I dont know of any functionality in Jira which could potentially help me to maintain a stream of documentation like Confluence.

I would highly appreciate your feedback on this.

0 answers

Suggest an answer