Manage Both JIRA and Confluence USER in OnDemand mode

Yuanjie Li April 14, 2014

hello everybody.

We have an OnDemand JIRA and an OnDemand Confluence.

And as a administrator, i have to build two accounts for each of my team members.

Is there any way that i can make accounts for the members that can be used both on JIRA and Confluence?

For example.

if i am a user, my account [email@email.com] can be both used in JIRA and Confluence

and if i want to change my password, i don't neet to change twice.

looking forward to hearing from you.

3 answers

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hi Robert,

Yes usually if you order an OnDemand JIRA Instance you can add Confluence to it and it'll use the same URL and login. However I'm not sure how to migrate these two on an OnDemand but I suggest you contact Atlassian Support to ask how you can resolve this.

Maybe it is possible to link both the JIRA and Confluence instances to the same Crowd instance (Atlassian's Single Sign-On) but I doubt that's possible on OnDemand.

Best,

Maarten

Robert Lee April 14, 2014

Hi Maarten

What do you mean by "add Confluence to it"?

Suppose i have only a JIRA ondemand and no confluence.

How to realize what you have said - add confluence to it.

best regards.

Robert

0 votes
Robert Lee April 14, 2014

Hi Maarten

thanks for replying.

we have two different url.

one is testonejira.atlassian.netfor jira

another one is testonec.atlassian.netfor confluence

what do you mean by "by default"??

can i use one url to manage both jira and confluence??

such as mycompany.atlassian.com/jira and mycompany.atlassian.com/confluence??

two month ago. i read this page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+Confluence+and+JIRA+Together

and it says

"The information on this pagedoes not apply to Confluence OnDemand."

i don't know how to integrate both ondemand JIRA and Confluence with each other.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Hi Yuanjie,

Normally this is the case by default on OnDemand. Do you perhaps have 2 seperate OnDemand instances? One for JIRA and one for Confluence?

Are the urls of both the same or different?

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer