Manadatory Fields in Resolve Screen in Jira

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Hey guys, we have a simple requirement but I can't get it working with jira options. We have a field on Resolve Screen of the workflow and we want to make it mandatory. I changed the field configuration scheme to make it mandatory but it won't let you create new Issues now and throws error that you must supply value for that custom field.

Do you have any suggestions how this can be implemented?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Instead of making it mandatory on field config, use a workflow validator. There is a Field Required validator in JIRA Suite Utilities plugin.

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Validators#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowValidators-FieldsRequiredValidator

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

you are awesome!! I had used Jira suite utilities long long back, but it did not occur to me at all for this. Thank YOU very much :)

Suggest an answer