Making the 'Detail' view bigger

JoeNyland August 24, 2016

On a 15" MBP, the 'Detail' view in JIRA is quite small and it makes it hard to view and update the attributes of a story in the sprint.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 09.14.31.png

Is there any way this view can be made bigger or maximised somehow?

2 answers

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Yes, they can be changed but will demand that you to edit the velocity templates (files with extension .vm on the JIRA filesystem) but be aware you will be forced to move these customizations manually during your next JIRA upgrade, as these files will be overwritten with the defaults. Changing Velocity templates do however demand a JIRA restart to be reloaded.

I think you may have the wrong question here - I don't see what my question has to do with sprint velocity?

0 votes
TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

No, the size is fixed as it's only meant to give you a quick overview of the issue. If you actually want to edit something you need to open the (...) menu on the right and choose Edit.

If this this the case that there's no way to do it, it's pretty poor 🙁

By the way, I'm not sure why you got -1 'ed - it wasn't me!

TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2016

I would assume because, like Jonas said, it's technically possible by messing around with the source code of the templates and stuff like that (which I didn't mention) but considering you tagged your question as cloud I answered in that specific context.

Suggest an answer