Making tasks log transition times in the rapid board?

alex barganier June 28, 2012

Hello,

My company is using JIRA with Greenhopper in order to organize/track our Scrum sprints, but we are new to the rapid board/greenhopper.

During the sprint, I assumed by default that Greenhopper would log the transition times in the work board so that JIRA/Greenhopper would be able to then determine things such as velocity. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't seem to find anywhere where these times are located. The only thing that seems to show is the last time the task was updated.

Is there any way to automatically have JIRA/Greenhopper log transition times in the workflow? (i.e. 8:30 task moved from To Do>In Progress, 9:30 task moved from In Progress>Done). Or does this have to be done manually by the asigned developer?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I think this plugin can help here, JIRA Suite Utilities.

alex barganier June 28, 2012

This plugin looks great, currently dealing with an issue where our JIRA can't install new plugins, so once I figure that out I look forward to this plugin making my life easier. Thanks!

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2012

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for here. The transition times are definitely logged in the issue history. Just look at the 'History' tab in the JIRA view issue screen. The Transitions tab that is provided by the JIRA suite utilities just formats it nicely.

GreenHopper uses the information from the issue history to calculate the amount of time the issue was in each state before transition.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer