Making "time spent" field required for sub-task workflow screens

Colin Reed April 25, 2016

Is there a way to make the "time spent" field required for sub-tasks - preferably required to transition to a new status?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016
Hi Collin,
               Add Time Tracking field to a transition screen and use a workflow validator as Required field with Time Tracking
Regards
Chander

Colin Reed April 25, 2016

Thanks!

Colin Reed April 27, 2016

Hi @Chander Inguva,

I created the validator with the required field, but at the transition screen it is not a "required" field but rather just another field to fill in. I can transition the status with the field blank. Do you know of any way to make this a required field?

Thanks,

Colin

0 votes
Kian Pariwar November 10, 2016

I actually have the same question.

I tried using validators in transitions when moving from Doing to Done to check if Time Spent is empty, and i also tried the validator to check if time spent is modified.

Both validators do not work, as regardless if I populate the Time Spent field before the transition or not, the remark always pops up that i cannot transition due to empty time spent field or non modified time spent field.

Is there another option that I am missing?

I am working with JIRA Cloud btw.

Suggest an answer