Making "Fix For" required for resolve screen

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Hello,

I'm using JIRA 6.1.3 and I'd like to enforce the "Fix For" version to be required during a resolve workflow/screen. Right now if I make "Fix For" required then the developers have to set this in the create issue screen. I spent some time working with the various admin area items in the Issues area but could not figure out how to make this happen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Workflow validators (JIRA suite utilities plugin).there's one option as "field(s) mandatory".

Make sure you add the field in the respective transition screen.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/125775/how-can-i-make-fields-required-on-a-transition-screen-but-not-required-on-the-edit-screen

Tahmina Khan November 20, 2018

So I'm able to to add a workflow validator and it works. But I was trying to Validated that a Story point is populated only when it goes through a "Fixed-Done" resolution. But it should be required if the story is "Cancelled" How would I go upon that? I was not able to find something for it.

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013
0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

use a field required validator in the resolve transition and add a screen with the "Fix For" field into that transition.

Suggest an answer