Making a kanban board Read-Only

Chetna Hirani September 7, 2014

Hello

Is it possible to make a kanban board read only? 

I only want restrict access via this view and not on the issues itself.

Thanks

Chetna

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2014

Hi Chetna,

This would only work if you made the project that contains those issues read only.

Why do you want to make the Kanban Board read only and not the issues themselves?

Best regards,

Peter

Chetna Hirani September 7, 2014

Hi Peter

This is because we have the same issues (plus more) showing in different boards for different groups of people. To limit the confusion I had wanted to make one of the boards read only. However some of those people should be able to edit the same stories on other boards.

I didn't think it was possible without changing a person or projects access, but was worth asking in case I was missing something.

Thanks

Chetna 

David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

@Chetna Hirani I have the same question, why it was selected Peter Van de Voorde's response as Accepted answer? Your question was not responded.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Konstantin Lazarev October 12, 2016

Hi,

I have the same question and my reasoning is following: i'm a product owner and I do not want anyone by mistake changing the priorities of the issues. Classical security rule: everyone needs only essential rights to work on his own tasks. Here it would be: read - yes, modify (i.e., change priorities) - no.

Thanks in advance,

Konstantin

Deleted user November 16, 2018

Is there any way to accomplish the scenario described by Konstantin?

- Ben

Like David Leal likes this
0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Hi Chetna, if I'm correct permissions on the project determinate if someone can make a change in the issues of the rapid-board.

Make sure that people you don't want to be able to make changes don't have permissions on the workflows and in the issues.

If an issue is read-only for an user, he won't make changes on the board for that issue.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer