Making a custom field required based on another custom field value

Nanda Kishore Reddy.G May 26, 2015

I have 2 custom fields in issue creation page in jira. They are IP Release, IP Recipient. IP Release contains 2 radio buttons with 2 options "Yes", "No". IP Recipient is Multi line text box. My Requirement is if we select "Yes" option from IP Release , then IP Recipient should be changed to "optional" to "mandatory" and if we select "No" option from IP Release , then IP Recipient should be changed to "mandatory" to "optional"

custom fields Id s are

IP Release --> 12431
IP Recipient --> 12435
Yes --> 23832
No --> 23833

I am new to JIRA plugin development. Please help me to solve this one.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2015

Hi Nanda,

Please take a look on this post, which has very detailed instructions on how to achieve it.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2015

Hi, Nanda.

You can possibly do this using the "Behaviours" which is now bundled on the Script Runner: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

Behaviours add-on does this exactly.

0 votes
Nuwan May 26, 2015

are you developing a plugin or you are trying to find a way to do this?

Suggest an answer