Making Custome Filed Mandatory using Validators in Workflow.

Jayant Bhoge December 1, 2014

I have marked one custom filed as Mandatory at particular step. By default the None is appearing in the Select List where the rule is not getting applied. I want to make partcular List for users to select value other than None.

Is there any way to achive it?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes

I have used "Field Required Validator" only but still it doesn't get applied even if user doesn't select any value in the list so the default value remains None which is not expected.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

The user can proceed in that transition without changing the value? Or what do you mean with "it doesn't get applied"?

User can proceed in that transition without changeing the value from None to any other value in the list.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Did you add a value "None" to your select list?

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

If you use a "Field required validator" in your transition "None" (which is an empty value) is not alllowed as a value (unless you have added a value "None" to your select list).

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

Have you tried adding a validator to check if the value of the custom field is none and return an error in that case ?

Suggest an answer