Making Columns readonly after a certain Status

Shanu Wara August 9, 2016

Hi there,

I'm on JIRA v7.17 server instance.

Is it possible to make a field readonly for users/groups once it is in a certain status? I don't want users to be able to make changes to the description field once the requirements have been signed off (i.e. verified state). Only the Project Admins should be able to do this. 

I tried this :

http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

But it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Shanu

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Jobin,

I added :

jira.permission.edit.group.1=mca-admin

Where mca-admin is the group that can edit the description field.

Shanu

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

Is that group already a part of the Edit permission? Or is the edit permission given to a bigger group like jira-developers?

The edit permission is part of bigger group jira-users.

Shanu

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

You need to add the other group also as part of the Edit permission. You can restrict it only if the group already has permission by itself.

Hi Jobin,

I don't understand what you mean.

Do you mean in the permission scheme I give Edit permissions to this mca-admin group specifically?

At the moment edit permissions have been given to all JIRA users and mca-admin is a subset of that.

Shanu

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2016

Yes, try that.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2016

What property did you add on the workflow step?

Suggest an answer