Make team filed Mandatory

Sudarsana G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

We have a scenario where we want to make the Team field mandatory when creating an issue. Additionally, we are creating tickets automatically, and during this process, we are setting the Team field value using Jira automation.

The issue arises when we attempt to set up a validator to make the Team field mandatory. As soon as we apply the validator, the automatic ticket creation process fails.

We have explored potential solutions but haven't found a workaround yet. We are reaching out to you for any alternate solutions, suggestions, or guidance you can provide to help us resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

@Sudarsana G 

Please, try to use this payload in Additional fields section

{
"fields": {
"customfield_10001" : "TEAM-ID"
}
}

You can find this information at the page: Team field in Jira REST API (atlassian.com)

I've tested and it works pretty well!

Kind Regards,

Fernando

Sudarsana G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reference, I am trying to set Team filed is Mandatory in create screen also I am auto assigning the teams using the automation as per above example but automatic ticket creation is failing when I setup a validator because 

When we create an issue, the workflow transitions are processed first before any automation rules are triggered. This means that workflow validators, conditions, post-functions, and workflow properties are evaluated and executed according to the configured workflow.

Once the workflow transition is completed (if applicable), any automation rules associated with the event triggered by the workflow transition or issue creation will be executed.

So, in the context of issue creation, the workflow transitions, including validators, will be processed before any automation rules are applied. If a workflow transition fails due to a validator, the issue creation will be prevented before any automation rules are triggered.

Is there any alternate solution do you want to propose ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events