Make single User not assignable

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Hello there,

is it possible to make single Users unable to be assigned in a project?

Problem is:

We have a group with several users, that have no permission for JIRA but can be assigned to a issue and then get a Email Notification.

In this group, there is also a User that is allowed to work on the issues. With that User, all the other users (who can be assigned but have no permission for JIRA) can work on the Tickets.

Is it possible to make this User unable to be assigned.

I know there is a possibility to make single Users able to be assigned in the permission scheme.

But is it also possible to make single Users unable to be assigned.

I hope you can help me!

Best Regards,

Alexander Richter

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

HI Alexander

Unfortunately not. You cannot configure such a rule using permission schemes

What ican suggest you is you remove the users from the various groups and add him explicitly to to the permissions you want him to have.,

You may also consider switching over to project role based permission scheme (instead of group based), with project role based permission scheme, the ownership of managing the permissions can be delegated over to the project admins and you get to configure permissions per project (without having to update the permission scheme)

Suggest an answer