Make custom field editable for certain project role users

rbalamu2 August 25, 2022

Hi Team,
I have 3 custom fields of type (Text field) and I want to make it editable only for users in certain project role. How would I do that in irrespective of all transitions.

Kindly help!

Thanks,

Rahini

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi @rbalamu2,

To achieve this, you should remove the 3 fields from the usual edit screen and place them only on the specific transitions' screens where you'd want users to edit them. On these transitions, add in conditions that allows only users in specific project roles to edit them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

rbalamu2 August 25, 2022

Hi @Bharathi 
Thank you for your reply. Is there any other way other than transition screen? kindly reply.

Thanks,

Rahini

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

@rbalamu2I don't think there is any other way to limit the field edits based on user groups/project roles in Jira.

rbalamu2 August 25, 2022

okay thanks @Bharathi 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events