Make custom field appear bold in issue create screen

CCP TechOps July 25, 2014

My Jira version is 6.2.7. I need to make some custom fields on create screen appear bold. I tried the solution provided on this linkhttps://answers.atlassian.com/questions/183548/how-to-apply-html-style-or-font-weight-for-custom-field-name-not-for-valuebut it does not seems to be working.

Also I came across this linkhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Fields+Allowing+Custom+HTML+or+JavaScriptwhich says that custom html and javascript is not allowed with Jira v.6.2.x and above. So is there any way to make the customs fields bold.

Below are the lines I tried pasting in Custom field description field.

Try1:

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.$('#customfield_19744').parent().children().first().attr("style","font-weight: bold")

</script>

Try2:

<script type="text/javascript">

a = document.getElementById('customfield_19744').parentNode;

a.setAttribute('style', 'font-weight:bold');

</script>

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2014

You can no longer do this in fields, it has to be done by hacking the .jsp files in the core of Jira or in the announcement banner field.

CCP TechOps July 25, 2014

Do you mean that making the custom fields bolder on create screen is possible but it has to be done by doing changes in .jsp files. If yes please let us know the file names or path where we can find them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2014

Or by injecting it in the announcement banner.

For the .jsp files, I don't know, I always avoid amending core files in Jira. Unless someone else has a good idea here, you'll need to dig it out for yourself.

CCP TechOps July 31, 2014

How do you inject in the announcement banner?

I went to cog --> System --> Announcement banner and entered the script as mentioned below but could not see the custom field in bold. Please advise.

<script type="text/javascript"> a = document.getElementById('customfield_20341').parentNode; a.setAttribute('style', 'font-weight:bold'); </script>

Suggest an answer