Make a redirection to a specific URL (JAVA code)

Angelo LIMA July 17, 2013

Hi,

I'm writing a specific workflow plugin that creates a specific clone of an issue.

At the end of treatment I would like to be redirected to the new issue. I provided all the elements to build the url: Issue Key and base URl.

My class extends the AbstractJiraFunctionProvider class.

Could you provide me a solution please ?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2013

I'm not sure that this is possible inside a workflow function - the landing point at the end of a workflow is determined by code around the outside and I don't think you can simply subvert it in a post-function. I think the landing point decision is made in the urls and .jsps that handle issue actions, so you'll need to dive into coding in those in the core of Jira, not as a plugin.

You could try something with javascript - on issue view, have some javascript that says "I'm on the original issue, but they've just come from transition X, which created a new issue, so I need to redirect to that", but instinctively, that feels ugly and you'd have to work out a way of not doing the redirect on all other views.

On a human side, I'd also point out that this is probably not a good idea. If a human does something to an issue, it's a jolt to suddenly be presented with a completely different issue without any warning.

0 votes
Angelo LIMA July 17, 2013

Thanks for your reply,

Another solution would be to produce a pop-up. Is it possible to produce a pop-up (pop-up displayed when creating an exit for example) in java?

Thanks Again

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2013

I'm not entirely sure - the code for the messages Atlassian generate is in the surrounding structure, but I don't know if they are feeding the message out of the java.

Suggest an answer