Make Time Spent field mandatory on ticket creation not using Field Configuration

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Hey guys,

I have a workflow being used by several Issue Types. I wanted to make the Time Spent field (see below) mandatory only for some of the issue types using Script Runner, but not sure I'm using the correct variables to extract the value during the Validation for Create Issue transition. 

I've been using issue.timeSpent != null, but this doesn't work (even if I have a valid value inside Time Spent field). Not log messages show up.

Will appreciate the help. 

time spent.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

It's not available until the action completes. The ugly workaround might be:

def request = ActionContext.getRequest()
if (request) {
    request.getParameter("worklog_timeLogged")
}
else {
    true
}

That will enforce time is added this transition... if you want to allow time added previously as well, combine with issue.timeSpent.

I could not get the mesage to appear on the Time Spent field, so I added it to the summary.

It won't work for people using REST, ie, it will just allow it.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2015

Thanks Jamie, works great. Note for others - import ActionContext before using "Simple scripted validator": import webwork.action.ActionContext;

Suggest an answer