Make Everything else swinlane appear on top of others

Alejandro Villamarin October 13, 2016

Hello there,

I'm using a Kanban board and I wonder if I can move Everything swimlane to be on top, but it simply cannot be re-arranged is always at the bottom..why is this?

Guess I can make another one, but it just seems weird...

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2016

Swimlanes are there to help you do some rough sorting and/or categorisation of your issues by something that matters to you. 

I don't think the documentation, or even the assorted discussions about swimlanes really say that explicitly, but I do think it is somewhat instinctive.  Most people who use swimlanes reach for them because they have a batch of issues that they need to group up for some reason, and, frankly, if you fall outside the reasons for the swimlane selection, it can't actually be that important.  So, they go to the bottom of the page, because your swimlane criteria are saying "these are more interesting than the ones that fall outside"

Alejandro Villamarin October 13, 2016

Hello @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I understand, but still, I'd love to be able to specify the order all ALL my swimlanes. Anyway, I just created a new one so I can put what would typically be "Everything else" on top of other lanes.

Thanks,
Alejandro

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2016

If your "everything else" lane is the most important to you, then that's the right thing to do - set it up explicitly, so it selects stuff that is most important.

Suggest an answer