Make Assignee readonly

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to make the Assignee field readonly in Jira 5.2 with Inline editing enabled. I am using jquery:

<script type="text/javascript">
  AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
    AJS.$("#assignee-val").removeClass("editable-field inactive");
    AJS.$("#assignee-val  .icon-edit-sml").remove();
  });
</script>

I put this code in the announcement banner but it does not work. However if I try it from the console in the browser (without the script tag) it does work!

Any hints?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

You don't need to do all that. Just remove the assignee field from the screen that is associated with the Edit operation for that issuetype. And JIRA will not allow you to do inline edit of the field.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2013

Have you tried Behaviour Plugin ? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours

It has a feature to make field to be read only.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

This plugin is compatible with Inline Editing? I have read that only works if Inline editing is OFF.

Suggest an answer