Major problem with UPM & Importers plugin (also possibly other plugins)

Norman Hills May 30, 2012

Jira (5.0.4) UPM prompted me to upgrade the plugin manager to version 2.3, this I did and it said it had completed successfully, however, it had disabled my Importers (JIM) plugin, if i re-enable the importers plugin I get an error beginning

=======================

An error occurred whilst rendering this message. Please contact the administrators, and inform them of this bug. Details: ------- org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getNotEmptySectionsForLocation' in class com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.DefaultSimpleLinkManager threw exception class java.lang.IllegalStateException : Method invoked on module descriptor after it was destroyed. This is only legal for some methods on AbstractModuleDescriptor. at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:251) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:175) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:327) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:51) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render(ASTSetDirective.java:95) at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230) at

=======================

Uninstalling, and re-installing Importers (JIM) plugin made no difference (reported as JSP-128076)

I then had a report from one of my users that the Timesheet plugin (v2.3.4) by Andriy Zhdanov had stopped working, the only way to get this to work again was to uninstall, re-install and re-apply the license.

Something seems horribly broken with the UPM at the moment.

1 answer

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

I just want to make sure you re-indexed after upgrading to UPM 2.3

Suggest an answer