MailFetcherService delaytime in Service Desk

Bartosz Nowakowski May 11, 2016

Hi,

I would like to increase frequency of checking mails in service desk (I've added mail as a channel). For Regular JIRA issue there is MailFetcherService delaytime https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/147496/jira-incoming-mail-check-frequency or availible via settings. Is there similar option for Service Desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Hi Bartosz,

Unfortunately no, nothing through the interface can be used to change the polling interval (at least what I am aware of).

A similar database modification can be done into the JSD tables that are created when the plugin is installed but I would be careful doing direct database modifications.

Eric

Hi Eric!

Sounds promising. I would like to test it. What's the proper field in db?

Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Hi,

The tables in the database usually start with #AO_123333 something like this... you will need to investigate which ID is the JSD plugin tables. The number represents a unique ID for each plugin, so there will be a lot of tables with the same ID which means, they are from the same plugin.

I've found AO_54307E_EMAILCHANNELSETTING where there's email that is a channel in service desk but there's no field in regards to fetch time:

EMAIL_ADDRESS

ID

LAST_PROCEEDED_TIME

MAIL_CHANNEL_KEY

ON_DEMAND

REQUEST_TYPE_ID

SERVICE_DESK_ID

Plus AO_54307E_EMAILSETTINGS has no data in it.

Other tables that I can look into?

Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2016

Hmm, thats weird,  I would of thought it would of been in one of those tables.

Just to double-check, the polling was not placed in serviceconfig table?

Bartosz Nowakowski May 12, 2016

Nope, serviceconfig doesn't contain config for service desk emails.

DanielYK July 11, 2016

Bartosz, did you find a solution?

Bartosz Nowakowski July 11, 2016

Hi @Daniel Heckl,

Unfortunatelly no - for Service Desk it isn't exposed in databased. Some guy from Atlassian pointed me to JIRA source code but we don't want to modify JIRA code to do this so we're forced do use it with default wait time.

Suggest an answer