Mail problem: REJECTED The message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail.

Adam McClintock May 17, 2017

I am trying to get SD to accept auto replies from a zendesk instance.  They are currently all failing due to the default mail handler configuration.  

So I tried the below for my issue which was an accepted fix for the issue in 2015:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Service-Desk-questions/Mail-problem-REJECTED-The-message-was-rejected-because-it-is/qaq-p/344365

However, I do not see the ability to disable this module in the addon when I browse to it.  I'm not sure if this is no longer possible or if I am doing something wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

It's nothing you are doing wrong - I just verified with Cloud Support that you can't disable those modules in Cloud and they cannot do it for you.

Here is the related bug report:

To provide incoming white-list email address function for email marked as bulk / jira / spam

Well crap... that pretty much makes this product useless for me if I can't accept replies from my customer's who use Zendesk (which is pretty much all of them).

Thank you for the quick reply.  

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2017

I was able to disable the modules on my local (not Cloud) instance of JIRA Service Desk. Is the self hosted option a possibility for your team?

Cost is prohibitive for over 3 users.  It's easier to talk my bosses into $80 a month for 4 users than it is a one time hit of $1500.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2017

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know why our customers make the choices they do. I wish I could help more.

Suggest an answer