We are looking for a way to move our incident reports into JIRA.
For us, an incident is when we have an outage on our online platform. When an incident occur, the technical support staff fills out a pre-defined form and mails it out to one of three mailing lists:
1. High prio indicident mailing list
2. Medium prio incident mailing list
3. Low prio incident mailing list
What we would like to have is a way for the support team to fill in the incident in JIRA with custom fields that contain the same information as the pre-defined form, and as soon as the ticket is created a mail should be sent out to one of the mailing lists.
The requirement is that the incident report is visible in the mail that is sent out (and not a link to a JIRA issue).
My solution to the problem:
1. Create a new project in Jira called "Incident Reports"
2. Create a thre new users in Jira called "Incident Report User High", "Incident Report User Medium", "Incident Report User Low"
3. Add the corresponding e-mail list address to the Incident Report Users (high, low, medium)
4. Instruct the technical support team to assign the issues to the three users
The problem with this approach is that we lose three licenses in JIRA and that we have three users that never actually are used, so I would like to see if there are any better solutions available.
insted of creating users with group name you can create user groups like "Incident Report User Group High", "Incident Report User group Medium", "Incident Report User group Low", then add the user to that group.
create a group picker custom field and add it the screen so you can send mail to selected group.
i hope this will help you!!
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG