Mail handler does not work

ankun yu May 6, 2013

I created several mail server and handlers before May 1.

The first day it works well.

But I don't know what I configured wrong, Jira doesn't create issue from email any more.

I clicked test button on the mail handler, it works well。

You can see the log below:

Summary:

13 messages read from the server.
14 new comments created.
Found 13 message(s) in the imaps folder. Only first 10 messages will be processed in test mode.
Adding comment 'Hi Michael, ...' by user 'ankun.yu' to issue 'DTC-33'.
Adding comment 'Reporter (ankun.y...' by user 'ankun.yu' to issue 'DTC-33'.
Deleting Message 'Re: document Output'
Adding comment 'Hi Michael, W...' by user 'ankun.yu' to issue 'DTC-43'.
Deleting Message 'Re: ****'
Adding comment 'Ankun, Method ...' by user 'ankun.yu' to issue 'DTC-43'.

Does anyone had this situation occured before?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Hi there,

Sorry did not noticed that this is an ondemand question, the steps below only applicable to JIRA local installation.

You can enable the debug log following the steps below:

1. Navigate to Administration > System > Troubleshooting and Support > Logging and Profiling to view the options.
  2. Under Mail and Incoming, enable the debugging logs

And from the logs you are able to see what contributes to your issue not created.

For on demand, you might want to check out the doco below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email#CreatingIssuesandCommentsfromEmail-Troubleshooting

But at any time, you can also reach us from support.atlassian.com to assist you further on this.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

It seems the emails are attached as comments to existing issues.

If the email subjects doesn't match an issue key the email id (Message-ID) is searched within a list of processed ids by the email handler. If the handler finds a matching id the emails is processed as a comment to the issue created by the first email for this id. The email id is the same if you "reply" to an email to send the email. Maybe you should try to create a new email and send this email to your handler.

Henning

ankun yu May 6, 2013

@Henning

I did tried many times sending a new email to handler, it still does not work.

Difficult to find the reason.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Ok, unfortunately than I'm out of ideas. Maybe you should create a support request as mentioned by Richie.

Suggest an answer