Mail handler does not work

Deleted user April 26, 2017

I've setup an Incmoing Mail account & validated it is connected. I am getting an error while setting up the Mail Handler with an email account and am getting the below error message when testing the Mail Handler.

Messaging Exception in service. com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService$MessageProviderImpl' when getting mail: A3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.: A3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.The connection is no longer open, messages marked as deleted will not be purged from the remote server: outlook.office365.com until the next run

I don't know what I need to check or what I should do.

I've submitted a ticket but need to resolve soon (SDS-23455)

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2017

Hi Angela,

There is also a Suggestion ticket that you can find at IMAP login to a shared mailbox. It has been marked as will not do but there are a couple work arounds in the comments. One in particular appears to have been confirmed. You can find the comment here: suggestion. You'll want to review the two comments after this comment as there is additional guidance to leave off \mailbox-alias. If that does not work verify you can telnet to outlook.office365.com over port 993.

Try that and let the Engineer you're working with of the results.

Cheers!

Branden

Deleted user May 2, 2017

Thanks but that didn't work for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events