Mail Import added comment even though customer is not in organization

Nicole nic_wie October 17, 2019

Hi,

we've the following problem:

One Project with 10 organization -> tickets are created by mail and comments are also added by mails -> one customer answer a mail and is not in the organization from the issue, but the comment was still added.

How can we solve this?

With best regards

Nicole

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out.

Checking your statement:

one customer answer a mail and is not in the organization from the issue, but the comment was still added.

I understand that you are replying to another user in a specific ticket and, although the user is not added to the same organization as the reporter of the issue, he is still able to add public comments to the issue. Have I understood it properly?

If I got it right, I would suggest you check the following:

1 - Check if the user is added as a request participant to the issue he is able to comment

2 - Check if the user has an Agent license in your JIRA

2 - Check if any user can access the link of the issue in the portal without login

Let us know as soon as you have the chance to test it.

Nicole nic_wie October 22, 2019

Hi,

the user isn't a participant and no agent. and i think the problem is the mail import. 

Our case is that a developer was a customer in an other organization, but in this project and he answered a mail from support with the ticket number , but he had no rights to see the issue. The mail was imported and the comment was added.

Regards

Nicole

Suggest an answer