Strip Quotes: false
Default Reporter: suggestion
Bulk: forward
Forward Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Create Users: false
Notify Users: false
CC Assignee: false
CC Watchers: false

My default reporter is 'suggestion'. But when Jira processes an address which is associated with an existing user, the reporter will be this user. How can I force the default reporter always be 'suggestion'.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Interesting usecase. Not sure, but you should check Andy's JEMH. It will mostly support this.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

It does, you can set a default reporter, and make that default override any other, so no user specific permissions are required in the project, whether they are JIRA users or not. JEMH solves the notificaiton issue as JIRA users can be automatically added as watchers, non-JIRA addressees can have their email address stored in a custom field, which is used by JEMH Issue Listener to issue notifications, filted, and customized as you like.

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

One way to do this is to prevent the users from accessing the JIRA project. JIRA only acts like you described it if the corresponding JIRA user (i.e. email sender) has the permissions to access the project. So to force JIRA to use "suggestion", you would have to prent all other potential senders to access the project.

Anyway, I am not sure if that is a sufficient solution at all for you...

Jérôme Brandt October 3, 2012

Hi David,

Thanks, but unfortunately it's not a sufficient solution for us :/

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

That's what I guessed. why do you need the reporter to be set to suggestion? There might be another way to achieve what you're looking for.

Jérôme Brandt October 3, 2012

Our workflow is a bit complicated...

Our customers can acces to Jira but they can't create issues (i know it's stupid...). To create issue they must send an email and then Jira create the issue.

That's why i want to force the user, because the customers can't create issues but the user 'suggestion' can...

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

now, why is it bad if the real username is listed? As they can not create issues everyone would know it's been done by email...

Anyway, another idea would be to forward the emails. So the user send the mail somae random imap and the mail gets automaticly forwarded to another imap which is where JIRA is listening at.

Suggest an answer