Mail Handler test fails with no details

Ned Moorfield December 9, 2013

Hi, I've setup a Mail Handler in JIRA On Demand which has previously worked fine but all of the sudden stopped working. When I go in to test the Mail Handler it fails with no additional details provided when I click on 'More Details'. IMAP Mail Server that the Mail Handler references is working fine and tests succesfully. Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2013

The first few things I would check are the obvious things: make sure the mail handler is setup correctly (i.e. the correct server is selected in the mail handler), verify that server is still reachable via normal means (like webmail) and that the ports are correct. The reason is OnDemand updates all the time and maybe a setting was changed back to default values and you didn't see it.

After you have double checked all of your settings and are still having an issue, I would then book a ticket at support.atlassian.com and have the OnDemand support team take a look at the logs on your instance and see if they see anything that can help troubleshoot. Hope this helps.

0 votes
Tadas Apulskis June 4, 2020

2020 still an issue

0 votes
Mateus Miranda April 25, 2019

2018 and this is still an issue

0 votes
michael lancaster December 7, 2015

What happened?   It's been two years and this is still an issue

0 votes
Ned Moorfield December 9, 2013

Thanks for this David. I've checked all of those items and no joy. I've gone ahead and created a support ticket now.

Suggest an answer