Macro to show labels

Joe Harmon November 11, 2014

Anyone know a way to show the list of labels attached to a certain page?  I am using the page properties report to show specific page content and properties, but I don't see a way to show the labels associated with a page within that report.

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

You could do this with a simple user macro.

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 11/11/2014
## @noparams

#set( $i = 0 )
#foreach ( $label in $content.getLabels() )
#if($i > 0), $label#else$label#end
#set ( $i = $i + 1 )
#end

Or if you want something a little more stylized ...

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 11/11/2014
## @noparams

<span class="label-list">
#foreach ( $label in $content.getLabels() )
    <span class="aui-label">
        <a class="aui-label-split-main" href="/label/$content.spaceKey/$label">$label</a>
    </span>
#end
</span>
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Does this meet your needs?

Joe Harmon November 14, 2014

I'll check it out. I must not have enough rights to create a user macro.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

Yeah, you have to be a system administrator. But you could try passing the code to a sys admin and see if they would create it for you.

Henning van Ackeren
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2018

Hi,

both flavors don't work for me when just pasting them into Confluence 6.4.3.

Maybe they need an update? 

(My understanding of user macros is very limited, so I could not debug myself.)

Henning van Ackeren
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2018

Oops, just realised that it's only about how some characters are rendered here. E.g. the greater than character is rendererd as ">

Sorry for the noise.

Suggest an answer