MFA

dovi5988 August 2, 2021

Hi,

We are using several Atlassian products. Is there any MFA solution directly available from Atlassian?

3 answers

1 vote
Nikita Rudrawar August 2, 2021

Hi @dovi5988,

Atlassian does not offer built-in MFA for the server versions of Atlassian Products. So you will need 3rd party plugins to enable MFA.

There are multiple 3rd party MFA plugins available on the Atlassian Marketplace.

You can take a look at MFA plugins from miniOrange which are available for JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Crowd. They support several 2FA methods like Google Authenticator, Hardware tokens, OTP over Email, Backup methods etc. miniOrange 2FA plugin for Jira also supports 2FA for Jira Customer portal users(external users).

Thanks,

Nikita

P.S. I work for miniOrange, one of the top 2FA vendors in the Atlassian Marketplace. Feel free to reach out to miniOrange support, in case of if you need assistance with the plugin setup.

1 vote
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hi  @dovi5988 

Not that I am aware of - at least not for Server. As you probably know, the Marketplace is probably your best bet to find a solution. 

HTH,
KGM

0 votes
Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hi @dovi5988 ,

As my colleagues mentioned above, you can only solve it with the addons. 

Take a look at our 2FA  apps on the Marketplace.

They can definitely fit your request.

Anna

Suggest an answer