Love to see solution to link two different instances

Jeroen Noordbruis October 30, 2013

Hi All,

We are working closely with one of our partners who is also using Jira as their ticketing system.

We had a chat with the guys from Atlassian about linking our partners database with ours, however there seems to be no - out of the box - solution.

He advised me to give this a shot on the forums , so here I am.

What I would love to see is that our databases are being linked together somehow which makes it possible to have one ticket exisiting in both databases that are being synced properly when stuff is being updated.

I understand this requires access to both databases, this is no issue.

If you have a crazy idea to make this work, please let me know!

Regards,

Jeroen Noordbruis

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

Also have a look at ConnectAll. It supports JIRA to JIRA.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2013

I didn't know about that one, thanks Jobin.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

Just pointing it out ;) The solution can also link other applications if needed. Ultimately, the customer can do an evaluation and see if it fits.

Thanks Jobin, will look into this one as well! Thanks so much for helping me out here, greatly appreciated!

1 vote
Brett Taylor October 30, 2013

FYI, Go2Group's JIRA to JIRA is supported by ConnectALL as Jobin pointed out. I would like to add, that our JIRA to JIRA and ConnectALL itself have been in production for some time now and is a very stable and built out solution.

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2013

Hi Jeroen,

Take a look at the Affinity plugin Clearvision is currently developing, it might be just what you need : http://www.clearvision-cm.com/affinity/#overview

And they are currently looking for feedback, so they might be willing to listen and help you out.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes

Hi Brett,

Yes - let's get this demo arranged for next week. I'll write you an email right now.

Thanks!

0 votes
Brett Taylor October 30, 2013

Jeroen, can we give you a demo of this solution sometime next week? Ping us at sales@go2group.com

0 votes

Thank you so much Peter!

This looks exactly like the plugin we could use.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2013

Hi Jeroen,

I'm glad I could point you in the right direction.

Could you please mark my answer as the correct one? That will mark the question as answered.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer