Lost the mappings between JIRA and Salesforce via Customware plugin

Graeme March 14, 2013

Hello all,

We've been using the Customware JIRA <-> Salesforce connector for almost a year and this morning our mappings broke with no changes by us in either JIRA or Salesforce.

We we test the connection of the plugin, it reports ok, so the endpoints, login and password are ok.

On the Configure Mappings screen, all our salesforce.com Fields are marked as:

"xxxx is unavailable (perhaps the field has been deleted or the connection is unavailable)"

We have no idea what caused this to break. Customware has not supplied any answers yet, although it sounds like others have had this problem in the past, with no posted solution.

Help or suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Graeme

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

This should be a pretty rare occurrence, but if it happens again you can either re-create the link, or drop us a line at https://support.atlassian.com and have us schedule a restart for you. If this is happening more, though, you might also want to follow up with CustomWare to make sure there's no issue with the version of the connector you're using, and possibly Salesforce to ensure there were no service interruptions.

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2013

Can you check if the customfield that handles SalesForce tickets in JIRA still available or has been changed?

Graeme March 17, 2013

Not entirely sure, since when I arrived in the office this morning, the connector was working properly again. Obviously Atlassian did something. Thanks for the response, though we're none the wizer about what happened.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2013

Hey Graeme, it was probably the restart following the weekly maintenance - from your description it looks as though the connector just needed to be reinitialized.

Best,

-dave

Graeme March 17, 2013

Is that something we can do on our end, Dave, if it happens again?

Dave
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2013

That should be a pretty rare occurrence, but if it happens again you can either re-create the link, or drop us a line at https://support.atlassian.com and have us schedule a restart for you. If this is happening more, though, you might also want to follow up with CustomWare to make sure there's no issue with the version of the connector you're using, and possibly Salesforce to ensure there were no service interruptions.

Graeme March 17, 2013

Sounds good. Can you promote your last comment to an Answer and then I can accept it for everyone's future reference?

Dave
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2013

Thanks, Graeme

Graeme March 18, 2013

Dave, I bet is related, but now we are getting the following error within JIRA issues linked to Salesforce Cases. I went to Manage Add-Ons and Looked at all the Atlassian JIRA plugins in the System Add-ons area. It says that all modules are enabled, not that I can manage them anyway with OnDemand.

linkingmodule

Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:linkingmodule'. Please contact your JIRA administrators.

Suggest an answer