Lost permission to drag and drop to sprint

Ed Hough October 3, 2019

I've suddenly lost the ability to drag and drop from backlog to sprint it just defaults back into the backlog.

I'm using jira cloud on next gen project.

I've tried this on 3 different devices (Mac, Windows, iPad) and on Safari, Chrome and Edge(yes I know edge!)

Please can some help I have no idea why this has changed.

I'm the site admin, project admin and as far as I'm aware I've not changed permissions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

are you an admin? if so please check the permissions for the project to ensure you have Manage Sprint permissions. if not discuss with your admin.

Ed Hough October 3, 2019

Thanks Jack as far as I'm aware yes I'm the admin. Project is next generation so very little in there and I've not changed from default.

Bizarrely I've just checked and I can action the task item to move to sprint i.e. click on ... and select move to sprint

Ed Hough October 3, 2019

I'm also unable to reorder backlog through drag and drop

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

ah...next gen.

Well you aren't loosing your mind. I just checked a NG test project I have and I observe the same thing. Unsure if that was an intended update or unintended regression. I would recommend reporting to Atlassian Support. If you are on a starter license LMK and I will report it.

Ed Hough October 3, 2019

Thanks for the verification, feeling a little more sane!

Hopefully its not an intended update! Next Gen projects seem a little flaky! 

Will report to support really appreciate the swift help

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2019

great. please update here once you hear back.

Fiona Dirom October 3, 2019

I am experiencing the same issue.

Fiona Dirom October 3, 2019

...and it is fixed!

Ed Hough October 3, 2019

Still have the same experience! Work ok in the App though.

Ed Hough October 4, 2019

Looks like it’s all back and working

Suggest an answer