Lost admin rights

Mike Shoukry August 11, 2014

When i logged into jira, i noticed i lost my admin rights. anyone had the same issue

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2014

If you have lost your admin rights on a Cloud/OnDemand Jira, then one of your administrators has removed it. Start by talking to your other admins.

i have the ondemand version of jIRA. SPORTS195 account. your link did not help.

can u take a look at the logs and see who removed me as admin? also, was there a recent JIRA upgrade/build over the weekend that might of caused my admin rights to be lost?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2014
No, we are not OnDemand support, we are end users like you. If you can't find your admin, then you will need to contact support to get yourself back in.
0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

Hello Mike,

If you running a standalone Jira, I recommend you to take a look here so you'll be able to restore your admin rights: Retrieving the JIRA Administrator

Suggest an answer