Lost admin access to Atlassian Admin after enable SAML SSO

Admin March 18, 2021

Hi

After I have enabled SAML in Okta and set enforcing SAML SSO for all users (I shouldn't have enabled it for the admin user), now I cannot access Altassian Admin!

For some reason my SSO is not working with Okta yet and now I cannot get back to Atlassian Admin to remove the SAML config. I am stuck! 

Is there an admin access that I can log in to bypass the SAML SSO page?

Or can any community admin disable the SAML SSO login for me in admin console please so that I can log into it?

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hey @Admin ,

I suggest you open a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Those are the Atlassian engineers (we are merely volunteers), they might be able to help you out further with Atlassian Access.

Simon Leclercq August 19, 2021

same for me... can't access the admin part as it keeps redirecting to the SSO and back to the dashboard

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2021

Hello @Admin,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you were able to reach out to our support team by using another email address as suggested by Ed and the issue was resolved.

When this issue happens, the best option is to reach out to support since here from community we can’t access the Organization to add/remove admins or disable SAML.

I’m glad that you were able to login back to your site and if there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
BORJA ALVAREZ ALVAREZ September 14, 2021

And how do I open a ticket? To open the ticket I'm still being redirected to the not working saml page..

Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2021

create a throw-away Gmail account, raise a ticket, share to your company site-admin email account, respond to the email notification that you will receive to prove that it's your request.

BORJA ALVAREZ ALVAREZ September 15, 2021

Thanks! It worked!

Suggest an answer