Lost ability to change avatar for users

Bruce Kantelis June 27, 2012

I was successfully adding avatars for users. Went back to do another batch and when I click on the blank avatar I just get a wait widget spinning. It does not seem to time out, just sits forever (10 minutes). Tried several users, same problem. We are on Jira 5.0 build 713. Did integrity check and all passed.

2 answers

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

What browser are you using? There are a few known issues with IE. I had something like that but for the project avatars. Maybe you could do a reindex before doing the avatar changes. But first try doing it with a different browser, just to be sure.

Michael Kennedy July 18, 2012

I have tested this in;

Firefox 13.01 for Mac (Lion)

IE 9.0.8112.16421 for Win7

Safari 5.1.7 on Mac (Lion)

All browsers are exhibiting the same behaviour.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Have you tried to do it with the Admin user? Or doing a reindex? This happens for every user?

Michael Kennedy July 18, 2012

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Even tried restarting Jira and selectivly disabling add-ins to see if one was the culprit. I also confirmed that it happens for all users regardless of if they currently have a custom (uploaded) avatar or just the standard default one.

0 votes
Michael Kennedy July 17, 2012

I am having the exact same issue with v5.0.2#725. Any resolutions?

Suggest an answer