Lost ability to change avatar for users

I was successfully adding avatars for users. Went back to do another batch and when I click on the blank avatar I just get a wait widget spinning. It does not seem to time out, just sits forever (10 minutes). Tried several users, same problem. We are on Jira 5.0 build 713. Did integrity check and all passed.

2 answers

I am having the exact same issue with v5.0.2#725. Any resolutions?

What browser are you using? There are a few known issues with IE. I had something like that but for the project avatars. Maybe you could do a reindex before doing the avatar changes. But first try doing it with a different browser, just to be sure.

I have tested this in;

Firefox 13.01 for Mac (Lion)

IE 9.0.8112.16421 for Win7

Safari 5.1.7 on Mac (Lion)

All browsers are exhibiting the same behaviour.

Have you tried to do it with the Admin user? Or doing a reindex? This happens for every user?

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Even tried restarting Jira and selectivly disabling add-ins to see if one was the culprit. I also confirmed that it happens for all users regardless of if they currently have a custom (uploaded) avatar or just the standard default one.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

622 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you