Lost Zephyr details in the imported project

dmitry.podshivalov March 23, 2015

Hi!

We are using Zephyr plugin for JIRA for writing test cases in a project which is called PROJECT.

And now we are migrating our JIRA from one server (let's call it OLD ) to another (let's call it NEW). We can't just copy database and files since in the NEW we already have some projects.

The versions of JIRA and Zephyr plugin are the same on OLD and NEW.

I've took a backup of JIRA on the OLD server using the Administration/System/ExportImport/Backup System, copied it to the NEW along with attachments.

On the NEW server I've imported the PROJECT, during import I've got only one warning about problems with importing custom field Sprint.

All the data (comments, attachments etc) was imported except the actual test cases. Test details are empty.

What can I do?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

I am not sure, but if Zephyr stores it's data in the Active Objects table (which I think it does) you can not transfer it with a project import. See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28748

dmitry.podshivalov March 23, 2015

Yeah, Boris, you are right. Thanks a lot!

I'll try to either import records from database either find another way to export/import test cases.

Suggest an answer