Lost URL access after upgrade from Jira 6.3 to 7.0

Judy Schneider September 13, 2016

My Atlassian environment is composed of two servers. One is a production server with Crowd, Confluence and Jira, plus an Apache proxy server to give each one a URL. The other server has a test instance of Jira.  Last night I upgraded the test instance from 6.3 to 7.0.0.  Now the test instance is no longer available through the proxy server.  I can access it from anywhere in the network at servername:8080, but not at its previous URL of myurl.com/jiratest.  There I just meet Jira's "dead link" page.  Going to myurl.com/jiratest/secure/Dashboard.jspa gives me a sort of weird half-page, or I just get a 404 error in Internet Explorer.  So the actual proxy redirection seems to be working on some level, but there's clearly something wrong.

Skjermbilde.PNG

Everything else seems to work fine, including authentication through the production Crowd instance.  Can anyone offer me some advice?

2 answers

1 vote
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Upgrading your JIRA instance also upgrades your tomcat so any configuration you had there are gone.

Change the current server.xml:

<Service name="Catalina">
        <Connector port="8080"
                   maxThreads="150"
                   minSpareThreads="25"
                   connectionTimeout="20000"

enableLookups="false"
                   maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
                   protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                   useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
                   redirectPort="8443"
                   acceptCount="100"
                   disableUploadTimeout="true"
                   proxyName="myurl.com"
                   proxyPort="80"
                   scheme="http"/>

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

<Context path="/jiratest" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

0 votes
amit raj September 13, 2016

copy server.xml from old instance to new installation dir and restart JIRA. take a back up of files.

Suggest an answer