Looking to sort out a set of issues i face with setting up the portfolio.

Saratha Purohit April 4, 2017

Questions:

1. How to align and reorganize the portfolio fields / Columns?

2. How to get the actual estimates from Jira to Portfolio and enable entry in either of the places and sync the same value in both the places?

3. Need a tag to differentiate a few resources in the team in portfolio

4. All the columns in portfolio should be available in the portfolio quick view of the corresponding issue

5. How to tag the same Epic across different Releaes and still identify the effort individually in each release?

6. How to add more custom filters in the portfolio plan like we do in the Issue navigator screen?

7. Release filter should show the releases only globally and not project wise

8. Sprint alignment for various projects from portfolio view

9. Highlight a specific Key task

10. Add notes / comments to issues from the portfolio

11. I moved something out of portfolio, now I need to add it back, how to do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2017

Hi @Saratha Purohit,

1. How to align and reorganize the portfolio fields / Columns? Reorganizing the columns is currently not supported in Portfolio. You can show/hide specific columns through the table configuration to help clean up the work area depending on what is needed. Here are the suggestions for server and cloud that you can watch, vote and comment on to explain your workflow and why this is important to you.
  2. How to get the actual estimates from Jira to Portfolio and enable entry in either of the places and sync the same value in both the places? I would suggest having a look at the Target start and target end fields used by Portfolio: Adding target dates. Portfolio for Jira server recently added the ability to surface those fields in Jira directly.
  3. Need a tag to differentiate a few resources in the team in portfolio. I'd love to hear more details on what you are trying to achieve and what is your main issue here.
  4. All the columns in portfolio should be available in the portfolio quick view of the corresponding issue. Here is the relevant feature suggestion for server
  5. How to tag the same Epic across different Releases and still identify the effort individually in each release? I'm not entirely sure of the use case here but it sounds like filtering by release should help. It would allow you to see the planned capacity across sprints for a specific release.
  6.  How to add more custom filters in the portfolio plan like we do in the Issue navigator screen? Portfolio for Jira Server added a lot filtering capabilities recently but have no direct plan to support custom JQL as part of its filtering. Let me know the filters you are currently missing so that I can point you towards the right feature suggestion or create one for you.
  7. Release filter should show the releases only globally and not project wise. Portfolio shows the releases relevant to the plan depending on its issue sources, if you are seeing something different or have a workflow that doesn't fit this limitation I'd be keen on getting more details about it.
  8. Sprint alignment for various projects from portfolio view. Would you have more details on that one? I think grouping by teams (as they each have their own stream of sprints assigned in the team tab) and looking at the schedule might be able to help here. Filtering by team is also an option.
  9. Highlight a specific Key task. Portfolio allows to highlight an issue in both the schedule and scope table but this is only relevant for the current user unless you are taking screenshot. Would it be possible to get a little more context here as well on what you are trying to achieve?
  10. Add notes / comments to issues from the portfolio. This is currently not supported, see 4. for the feature suggestion.
  11. I moved something out of portfolio, now I need to add it back, how to do that? If by "moved out" you mean "excluded" then the right way to go currently is to go to the plan configuration -> Issue sources -> Edit sources. This will run you through the plan creation steps again so that you can un-exclude some issues.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions!

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer