Looking to create more than one set of resolution values

Michael Voronkov May 2, 2013

Hello,

I have internal and customer-facing projects that require different sets of resolution values. Unlike schemes, I cannot find a way to create more than one set of resolutions so project A uses one set of values, while project B uses another.

We are using Jira Download v5.2.5#847

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2013

Michael,

I'm afraid this is not possible by default in JIRA. This is actually a New Feature request, that is being tracked on JRA-3821.

As this feature request is not yet implemented, I'd advise you to follow up on the ticket create to fulfill this need at jira.atlassian.com, and to take the time to vote on the feature to increase its popularity. Also, please feel free to add any comments you think are necessary and/or important to the feature request.

Furthermore, you can see in the comments in the feature request a few workarounds for this, which may possibly help you out.

Cheers

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

If they are dynamic in nature, this plugin may help: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin

Your solution will look like this one, http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Restricting+resolutions+based+on+issue+type (of course, you need to adapt it to your own conditions, etc)

0 votes
skorzinetzki May 2, 2013

Hi Michael,

what you can do is, that you restrict the possible resolutions in the workflow transition via workflow properties.

For details please have a look at:

Try it out!

Suggest an answer