Looking for input on converting Pivotal Stories into JIRA Projects?

Karen Harmon January 7, 2020

We are moving from Pivotal Tracker to JIRA, and I am looking for anyone has done this.  It would be great to understand any specific infrastructure requirements, gotchas, etc.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

I believe I did that a while ago and there were tools to help you with the migration. You shouldn't worry about infrastructure since you are on cloud.

From the many migrations I've done from various tools to Jira I would suggest you not to modify Jira to behave as the previous tool. Worry about migrating the information to the right type of fields in Jira so you can later take full advantage of Jira capabilities in the future.

Karen Harmon January 8, 2020

Thank you Hernan!!!

Do I need to worry about over writing any other Projects already configured in JIRA?  We have been using Jira for a while, and our just expanding our use of Jira to different Department and Development group within the company.  Also, I am curious about using the Pivotal wizard, as based on the documentation I've seen there are mentions that the wizard tool may not be supported.  

Thanks again for your help,

Karen C. Harmon, Altour

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

I would suggest you get a new cloud environment, restore the current one there and do the import there. So you will know what happens and you don't break anything from production

Suggest an answer