Looking for advice on how to track and organize comments

Darren Eilers September 30, 2014

We have over 100 active issues and several team members following each one. A few team members have complained that it is very challenging weeding through all the comments they're emailed about (dozens per day) to figure out which ones require their input. As a result, things are falling behind. 

I'm looking for advice on how other JIRA users organize comments in order to easily weed out those not requiring their attention. Any advice is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Darren Eilers October 1, 2014

Thanks Jose, but I'm not really sure I understand your reply. Let me reword my question a bit because I'm not sure it's coming across properly...

Whenever someone adds a Comment to an Story/Issue/etc an email is sent to all "Watchers" of that Story. This is fine if there are only a few Stories, but with more than 100 active Stories, and each User receiving email notifications in their email inbox whenever a Comment is left, this can be very overwhelming and hard to manage since not every Comment is directed to each and every User.

What I'm looking for is some advice/guidance on how to better manage Comments so that Users are either...

1) only notified when a Comment is directed at them, or requires their feedback, or...

2) able to filter Comments so that only Comments requiring their feedback or attention are displayed.

I tried using the Dashboard's "Activity Stream" to show me all recent Comments, but I see no way to filter Comments so they only show Comments with certain keywords (i.e. a person's name). This would be a great solution, but it doesn't work that way.

Thoughts anyone??

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

Now I understand your problem. I will edit my answer.

Suggest an answer