Looking for a time-tracking addon with granularity

Deleted user October 10, 2013

I've been asked by my company to investigate if there's a way to do time-tracking in a very micromanaged way. I know Jira has built-in time tracking for individual issues, but we're looking for something a bit deeper.

We would like the ability to count the time an issue spent open and assigned to a user. For example, if one of our Customer Service reps clicks "Acknowledge" on a ticket, we imagine a timer starting from that point. When the CS rep then clicks "Resolve Issue", the timer should stop. It would also be nice to be able to have a widget that showed how long a user may have spent on tickets with a certain component.

It would seem logical that we should be able to do something like this fairly easily, but I haven't come across an add-on that grants this kind of functionality. Anyone have any ideas?

3 answers

1 vote
Lathrop [PSU] October 11, 2013

There are three popular time tracking plugins on the market that might meet your needs.

Edit: For format. First submission from tablet was terrible.

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

Hi

If i understand you correctly, you want to identify the amount of time an issue spends in each status of the workflow.

For this purpose we have a plugin jira suite utilities, once you install, you will get a tab transitions and in it you can view the amount of time issue spends in various statuses

here the link and the screenshots

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

Rahul

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

If you would like to capture that information, then a workaround can be have a transition- Re-assign issue; from Open to Open status with the transition screen prompting user the assignee field. That way the transitions tab will identify it as a transition within the workflow and log it in a a separate entry

Rahul

Deleted user October 10, 2013

This is a promising start. I like that it tracks the amount of time in each transition, but it doesn't take into account if the issue has been reassigned. We want to be able to view a user and find how much time they've spent on issues and which issues/components they've spent their time on. Is this possible with the JIRA suite utilities add-on?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2013

Have a look at this; i think this is what you need.!

The issue history collector plugin. I have it on my test instance, works well...

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.datacollector

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events