Looking for JQL to find stories where subtasks named certain ways are missing

Brian Lichtman December 19, 2013

My end result is that I'm trying to keep an eye on many teams activities, beginning with ensuring that they are creating and using Code Review tasks.

I'm looking to create a dashboard that only shows me stories and assignees where the story is missing a task with a certain name in the current sprint.

So I've been able to get all of the stories in a given sprint with

issuetype = story and sprint in opensprints()

Now I'm trying to figure out how to use JQL to eliminate stories that have a child task with the words "Code Review". These tasks are pretty easy to find with

issuetype = "Technical Task" and sprint in opensprints() and summary ~ "Code Review"

so I need the intersection of the two above queries, and I'm having a difficult time finding it - I think the issue in/not in linkedIssuesFromQuery("JQL query") plugin might help and I"ve installed it, but so far, I haven't found the solution.

If anyone has addressed this problem in the past or something similar to it, I would be grateful to hear what your solutions are.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2013

Hi Brian

Alternaltively you can try using JQL Tricks Plugin which offer a bunch of additional subtask query functionality, http://www.j-tricks.com/jqlt-subtask-functions.html

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Hi Brian,

in addition to what Daryl said you could use jql function from script runner. Depending on your setup you could use parentsof(subquery) or linkedissueof(subquery, linkname) like

issuetype = story and sprint in opensprints() and not issuefunction in parentsof("filter = filter2")

where filter2 is your saved second filter.

Suggest an answer