Login issue while splitting the server

l May 10, 2014

Hi All

I am facing issue while configuring new server for jira as the internal users(key users) are not able to login

please help?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2014

You'll need to give us more details than "people can't log in". What have you configured, what does your log say, what docs are you following?

l May 10, 2014

Hi Nic

We just splitted our jira server into two instance and replicated the servers by XML back up from the first server and the key users are not able to login.

For the key -users the directory is showing as remote server and for the external users its showing as crowd and they are able to login.

how can we change the directory configuration from remote DB to Crowd server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I'm sorry, this seems far too muddled to me. You've duplicated an instance, but you can't log into it. But I can't make out what you have configured for its user database - internal? Crowd? You mention a "remote db" and you mention external users. (Not sure what you mean by "key users" either)

A simple cloned copy will be trying to use the same as the orginal data did unless you deliberately change that, and you've not said what the original was using either.

l May 12, 2014

We have two instances of jira and two instances of crowd(active and standby).We decided to install a new jira due to heavy load in one.

so we installed jira in new linux server and imported the data from old.

All configurations are ok but we are facing an issue some users are not able to login.They are not coming to jira from crowd.

we have not done any changes in configuration.Some groups which came be xml import are vanishing after sometime.

l May 13, 2014

We have two instances of jira and two instances of crowd(active and standby).We decided to install a new jira due to heavy load in one.

so we installed jira in new linux server and imported the data from old.

All configurations are ok but we are facing an issue some users are not able to login.They are not coming to jira from crowd.

we have not done any changes in configuration.Some groups which came be xml import are vanishing after sometime.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2014

You'll need to read the Jira logs to see what is wrong with the Crowd synchronisation

Suggest an answer